14 June 2017

Easy Vegan and Gluten Free Blackbean Brownies with NO OIL!



So, I am still on a plants only diet, since Veganuary January 2017 but did you know, you're not automatically slender, if you only eat plants? There are some products that are 'accidentally vegan' and I have been enjoying those, like the original Oreos and some others that I can't remember now because they are so off my radar, as I am now concentrating on a vegan diet and a healthy one. 

I still want to enjoy tasty things though, like Brownies! The Black Bean Brownie recipe that I have shared on this blog is in itself quite healthy but I am using My Fitness Pal to count those calories and make sure that I am getting the right nutrients and I have seen that oil in cake adds quite a few unnecessary calories. Swapping in apple puree instead of oil doesn't work in all recipes but it works in this one and gives the brownie a truffle-like dessert texture. I ate mine whilst still warm and enjoyed moist pockets of melted chocolate, however, I can imagine it also tasting great if kept in the fridge, as a cool dessert.

So, here's how to make your very own batch of easy vegan black bean brownies with no oil!


1/ Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

2/ Take a 9" x 9" square brownie tin, line with grease proof paper.

3/ Place the following ingredients into a blender:

400g can of drained black beans

Two tablespoons of Divine Cocoa powder.

1/4 of a cup of Essential Applesauce.

1/3 of a cup of Chantico Organic Agave Sweetner 

1/4 teaspoon of salt

1 x teaspoon of Taylor and Colledge Vanilla Bean Extract vanilla essence 

1/2 a teaspoon of Doves Farm Gluten Free Baking Powder.

1/2 a cup of gluten-free Oats

A pinch of ginger and a pinch of chilli, or leave out, or put more in according to your taste!

4/ Blend it all together, I use the smoothie setting on my blender.

5/ Smash up a 100g bar of Divine Chocolate and stir it into the mix.

6/ Then pour the whole mixture into the brownie tin and cook for 24 minutes. 

Don't forget, you can buy all the ingredients you need in our shop, online and instore.

Enjoy but if you can't be bothered to make them yourself, just pay us a visit in Shepton Mallet and we will make them for you.

Nutritional Information:


Amount Per Serving
calories 173
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 6 g10 %
Saturated Fat 3 g16 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg0 %
Sodium 15 mg1 %
Potassium 128 mg4 %
Total Carbohydrate 25 g8 %
Dietary Fiber 4 g16 %
Sugars 13 g
Protein 5 g9 %
Vitamin A0 %
Vitamin C0 %
Calcium1 %
Iron6 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

0 comments: